145 Uses For Thieves Blend
Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves
with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. Read about the history of Thieves
Young Living Essential Oil
Thieves Oil Blend helps eliminate airborne bacteria and boost the immune system. The Thieves products
offer a safe and powerful approach in the battle against
bacteria, germs, fungus and viruses all year round.
Placing a drop of Thieves Oil Blend on the tongue and pushing it against
the roof of the mouth may be soothing for head pressures.
2. Rubbing Thieves Oil Blend neat on the temples may be soothing for
a sugar indulgent head pressure.
3. Putting 4-8 drops of Thieves Oil Blend on a cotton ball and
locate on heating/cooling vents may assist in purifying the air and may help in controlling odors.
4. Adding 2 drops of Thieves Oil Blend to a wet cloth and
putting in the clothes dryer may help with keeping the dryer sanitized and control odors.
5. Applying Thieves Oil Blend (neat) daily to warts may
help soothe the area.
6. Placing 1 drop of Thieves Oil Blend on a toenail may
help in the relief of toe fungus. Also, soaking the foot in hot water (not too hot to burn skin)
with Epsom salts combined with 2 drops of Lavender for 20 minutes then pat dry and clean the affected area;
then dropping 1 drop of Thieves Blend on toe may soothe the area.
Repeat 3-5 times per week until feeling better.
7. Rubbing Thieves Oil Blend on the big toe before retiring
may help with proper vision.
8. Applying Thieves Oil Blend diluted 1 drop oil to 5 drops
V6 Mixing Oil may be helpful in soothing pinkeye and other eye inflammations. (Do Not Get In The Eye)
9. Sanitize pierced earrings may be achieved by cleaning with Thieves
10. Dusting may be enhanced by putting the Thieves Oil Blend
on an oiled cloth – 1oz. olive oil or V6 Mixing Oil per 1 drop Thieves Oil.
11. Putting Thieves Oil Blend on a cotton ball and placing
with stored items may help keep them fresh.
12. Putting drops of Thieves Oil Blend on a couple cotton
balls and placing in closets may help to freshen it.
13. Putting 2 drops of Thieves Oil Blend on cotton balls in
storage chests may help to keep freshened.
14. Putting 2 drops of Thieves Oil Blend on cotton balls
with stored clothes may help keep freshened.
15. Putting 2 drops of Thieves Oil Blend on cotton
balls and place in toes of shoes and boots may help to deodorize and sanitize and may help to keep bugs away.
16. Dropping Thieves Oil Blend straight on a cloth
and rubbing may help remove permanent marker stains.
17. Dropping several drops of Thieves Oil Blend
on cotton balls in glass bowls around the house while leaving on vacation may help to keep the
house deodorized and freshened while gone.
18. Rubbing Thieves Oil Blend on hands may help to
sanitize them after touching unclean items such as door handles, shopping carts, restroom handles,
restaurant menu’s and etc.
19. Putting 3-6 drops of Thieves Oil Blend in a glass of purified
water and drinking may help soothe an irritated throat.
20. Rubbing a couple drops of Thieves Oil Blend on the
bottom of each foot each day may help in building the immune system and may help to ward off winter ‘bugs’.
21. Spraying Thieves Oil Blend mixed with purified water onto
mold of various descriptions on floors, walls, wallboard, boards, tile, cement, outside house walls, bathrooms,
and bath tubs and or showers and etc. has been tested effective through research to possibly control and stop
22. Diffusing Thieves Oil Blend may help to protect against
mold and germs. Do this by using a Young Living diffuser.
23. Diffusing with Thieves Oil Blend may help to deodorize
your home environment and dispel unwanted odors.
24. Putting 1 drop of Thieves Oil Blend on toothbrush before
brushing the teeth may improve gum health.
25. Dropping Thieves Oil Blend may help to remove glue
from stickers on surfaces (natural goo-b-gone).
26. Applying Thieves Oil Blend on a splinter may
help in its removal.
27. Applying Thieves Oil Blend to spiny cactus splinters
may help with the removal of them as well as may help to disinfect the area and cause soothing.
28. Applying Thieves Oil Blend to a hurting or irritated finger,
toe, or other hurts may help with the irritation and soothe it and may reduce the tenderness.
29. Applying Thieves Oil Blend to poison ivy may help soothe
and relieve the irritation.
30. Applying Thieves Oil blend to the teeth or gums
may be soothing if sore or inflamed.
A Chemical Free Environment
Living Healthy Naturally
Uses For Thieves Household Cleaner
31. Oven cleaner spray Thieves Cleaner full strength and
let sit for an hour, rinse and wipe clean.
32. Laundry -- 1 capful Thieves Cleaner in 1 cup water, add to water for the wash cycle or add 1 capful
Thieves Cleaner to the soap bin at beginning of the wash.
33. Paint stains – washing the affected area, clothes or surface with
Thieves Cleaner full strength may help to take out the stain.
34. Vegetable stains from juicing – soak for 30 minutes the plastic and or metal cutting blades in a
solution of full strength Thieves Cleaner with 3
capsules (From Young Living) then clean
35. Automatic Dishwasher -- add 1 capful Thieves Cleaner
to the bottom of the dishwasher.
36. Hand Dish washing -- add 1 capful Thieves
Cleaner to a sink of hot water (does not suds, but will get them clean and sanitized).
37. Hand Washing extra dirty pots and pans -- use
38. Cleaning counter tops -- spray with Thieves
Cleaner and let sit for 1-2 minutes, wipe dry.
39. Refrigerator -- wipe down with
40. Stove and oven fronts -- wipe with
41. Stove top -- clean with Thieves Cleaner
depending on tough cleaning need.
42. Shower tile -- spray with
Thieves Cleaner , let sit for a minute, rinse and wipe clean.
43. Mop floor -- Thieves Cleaner
depending on tough cleaning need.
44. Toilet -- Thieves Cleaner
depending on cleaning need.
45. Shower mold -- spray using Thieves Cleaner
let sit 5 minutes and rinse, repeat if necessary.
46. Shower glass -- spray Thieves Cleaner
on glass and wipe dry. *Newspaper leaves a streak free shine.
47. Window cleaner -- spray Thieves Cleaner
on glass and wipe dry. *Newspaper leaves a streak free shine.
48. Window Sills -- clean with Thieves Cleaner
49. Base boards -- clean with
50. Bathroom counters – clean with Thieves Cleaner.
51. Bathroom sinks -- clean with Thieves Cleaner
52. Shower curtain -- wash with Thieves Cleaner
53. Bath tub -- clean with Thieves Cleaner
54. Liquid hand soap -- use Thieves Cleaner
and add in a hand soap pump dispenser. (The equal amounts used will depend on size of dispenser)
55. Use as dryer softener -- spread ½ capful Thieves Cleaner on wash towel and place in the dryer.
56. Spots on fabric -- spray on
and wipe with clean cloth (color test first).
57. Stains on carpet -- spray on
and wipe with clean cloth (color test first).
58. Degreaser -- clean with Thieves Cleaner according to cleaning need.
59. Walls -- wash with Thieves Cleaner and rinse clean and dry.
60. Floors -- mop with Thieves Cleaner
and then rinse, even works for wood floors.
61. Carpet cleaning for machines -- add Thieves Cleaner
to machine and clean floors.
62. Cleaning silk plants -- spray on
Thieves Cleaner to silk plants then wipe clean.
63. Controlling Mold -- spray on the concrete patios, sidewalks, driveways, home siding or brick on
home with the Thieves Cleaner
let sit and then wash down. If mold is bad may need to spray full strengh Thieves Cleaner.
64. Wallpaper removal – spray wallpaper area with
Thieves Cleaner and then pull off the paper.
This will also help clean the woodwork on the way down and the flooring.
65. Phone -- wipe down with Thieves Cleaner
66. Door knobs -- wipe down with Thieves Cleaner
67. Toilet seats-- clean with Thieves Cleaner
and wipe dry.
68. Insect problem – spray Thieves Cleaner
around your vegetable, flowers or house to see pesky insects scatter.
69. Pet odors -- spray Thieves Cleaner
in air and on furniture (test fabric color-fastness first).
70. Dog & cat beds – spray with Thieves Cleaner
71. Live plants – spray Thieves Cleaner
to mist plants.
72. Grout cleaner -- spray Thieves Cleaner
full strength and scrub with old toothbrush.
73. Car interior cleaner – wash with Thieves Cleaner
74. Patio furniture cleaner – wash with Thieves Cleaner
75. Mini-blinds -- wipe down with Thieves Cleaner as needed.
76. Tire cleaner -- wash down with Thieves Cleaner
with wet brush then rinse.
77. BBQ grill grates -- clean with Thieves Cleaner,
may require a brush.
78. Office cleaning -- use Thieves Cleaner Guide
for office cleaning as you would your home.
79. Ceiling fan blades -- use Thieves Cleaner
to wipe down.
80. Sneakers -- spray with Thieves Cleaner
to deodorize and sanitize.
81. Shoe cleaner -- use Thieves Cleaner as needed for cleaning.
82. Luggage cleaner -- use Thieves Cleaner
83. Purse or handbag cleaner, use Thieves Cleaner
84. Luggage cleaner -- use Thieves Cleaner
85. Exercise equipment -- wipe down with Thieves Cleaner
, great home gym cleaner.
86. Clean sink overnight – pour ½ capful Thieves Cleaner
full strength to deodorize drains and let sit.
87. Diaper pail -- pour ½ capful Thieves Cleaner
full strength in bottom of pail, let sit, then clean and dry.
88. Wipe down crib -- use Thieves Cleaner
to clean and sanitize the crib.
89. Wipe down high chair –use Thieves Cleaner
to clean and sanitize the high chair.
90. Disinfect toys -- use Thieves Cleaner
as needed to keep clean and sanitized.
91. During times of sickness – use Thieves Cleaner
to clean dishes, silverware, spray into the air, floors, hands, clothes, bedding, door handles, bathroom sinks,
faucets, toilets and etc. Use as general cleaning to keep your environment clean and sanitized.
92. Quick cleaning – use Thieves Cleaner
Uses For Thieves Spray & Thieves Wipes
Ideal for use on the many surfaces in your home
or in your travels, Thieves Spray cleanses and
protects from dust, mold, and other undesirable
microorganisms. They are both perfect for
traveling or keeping in your purse or backpack.
93. Cleaning counter tops -- spray with
Thieves Spray and let sit for 1-2 minutes, wipe dry.
94. Stove and oven fronts -- wipe with Thieves Wipes or spray
with Thieves Spray and wipe dry.
95. Refrigerator -- wipe down with Thieves Wipes or spray
with Thieves Spray and wipe dry.
96. Cutting Boards -- rinse cutting board, dry, spray with Thieves Spray and wipe dry.
97. Mattress and pillows -- spray with Thieves Spray.
98. Toothbrush sanitize -- spray with Thieves Spray.
99. Irritated throat -- spray with Thieves Spray (will be a bit hot).
100. Hotel room -- spray with Thieves Spray
for musty smell and to deodorize and wipe down with Thieves Wipes
101. Hand sanitizer -- spray Thieves Spray on hands and rub
together to sanitize or wipe down with Thieves Wipes
102. Grocery Cart handles – spray Thieves Spray
or wipe down with Thieves Wipes
103. Buggy handles – spray with Thieves Spray or
wipe with Thieves Wipes
104. Telephone -- wipe down with Thieves Spray or with Thieves Wipes
105. Door knobs -- wipe down with Thieves Spray or Thieves Wipes
106. Hand cleaning -- general cleaning after touching unclean things and after shaking hands spray
hands with Thieves Spray or wipe hands with
107. Sanitize pierced earrings – clean with Thieves Spray or Thieves Wipes.
108. Sanitize shoes -- spray with Thieves
Spray to deodorize and sanitize.
109. Door Handles -- spray with Thieves Spray
or wipe clean with Thieves Wipes.
110. Wipe off steering wheel -- wipe with Thieves
Wipes or Spray with Thieves Spray and wipe dry.
111. Car rentals -- wipe seats, steering wheel, handles and etc. with
Thieves Spray and/or
112. Public beach, lake or mountain benches, toys, water fountains etc, -- clean with
Thieves Spray or
Thieves Wipes to clean and sanitize.
113. Piano Keys -- wipe with Thieves Wipes.
114. Cleaning crib Thieves Wipes or Thieves Spray to clean and sanitize.
115. Cleaning high chair Thieves Wipes or Thieves Spray to clean and sanitize.
116. Disinfect toys Thieves WipesThieves Spray to clean and sanitize.
117. Toilet seats – clean with Thieves Wipes or Thieves Spray to clean and sanitize. Good to carry with you to use in public restrooms and etc.
118. Quick cleaning – use for quick cleaning most anywhere Thieves Spray or Thieves Wipes.
119. Car interior cleaner -- use Thieves Wipes and Thieves Spray.
120. Luggage cleaner -- use Thieves Wipes
or Thieves Spray.
121. Purse or handbag cleaner -- use Thieves Wipes
or Thieves Spray.
122. Exercise equipment -- wipe down between people Thieves Wipes or
Thieves® Fresh Essence Plus Mouthwash
Thieves® Fresh Essence Plus Mouthwash contains a special formulation of essential oils that provides
incredibly fresh breath. The unique liposome technology (using soy-derived lecithin) binds the essential
oils to the mucous membrane inside the mouth for longer-lasting effects on teeth and gums.
Thieves Fresh Essence Mouthwash uses:
123. Irritated throat -- gargle with
Thieves Mouthwash to help soothe irritation.
124. Fresh Mouth -- gargle with
Thieves Mouthwash to give incredibly fresh breath.
125. Teeth and gums -- swishing Thieves Fresh Essence Mouthwash in mouth gives a longer-lasting effect on teeth and gums for cleaning and sanitizing.
126. Fresh Essence Mouthwash – using daily the Thieves Mouthwash
may help in reducing plaque and may help fight tooth decay. Remember this can be swallowed to freshen the throat
as well. Safe: No Chemicals!
Thieves Dentarome Toothpaste(s)
with just a few of their uses:
Ingredients: Dentarome: Thieves Oil Blend, Peppermint EO Wintergreen EO.
Dentarome Plus: Thieves Oil, Peppermint EO, Wintergreen EO.
Dentarome Ultra: Thieves Oil, Clove, Peppermint, Thyme, Eucalyptus globulus, Wintergreen EOs
127. Using Dentarome Toothpastes leaves your mouth fresh, fragrant, and clean – with no chemical aftertaste. The regular Dentarome is preferred by children and those with sensitive gums.
128. Using Dentarome Plus is usually preferred by adults. It is found that the clove and thyme essential oils, along with gentle, odor-absorbing baking soda create a refreshing mouth and teeth.
129. Use Dentarome Plus as a deodorant, it is chemical free and easy to use, just a dab will do you.
130. Dentarome Ultra is an advance formula of all-natural ingredients that gently cleans and whitens your teeth while harnessing the power of pure, therapeutic-grade Thieves essential oil blend for fresh breath.
131. Dentarome Ultra has a low abrasion formula that contains the smallest particle-size commercially available calcium carbonate and zinc oxide. It also contains tartar-control agents and has an all food-grade edibl ingredients.
132. Dentarome Ultra is an anti-stain whitening enzymes formula.
133. Dentarome Ultra has a time-released essential oil mouthwash.
134. Dentarome with baking soda works great as a Grout cleaner.
Thieves Hard & Soft Lozenges
Hard Lozenges: Thieves Oil Blend, Lemon Oil, Peppermint Oil.
Soft Lozenges: Thieves Oil Blend, Peppermint Oil, Orange Oil.
Thieves® Hard & Soft Lozenges are the answer if you are in need of a quick breath
freshener or soothing relief for your mouth. These soft lozenges contain Thieves® essential
oil blend and the essential oils of orange and peppermint. The natural sugars xylitol
and sorbitol add a touch of sweetness. Experience the power of therapeutic-grade essential
oils with Thieves soft lozenges.
Thieves Hard & Soft Lozenges and a few of their uses:
135. Thieves Hard Lozenges may help refresh your mouth and breath.
136. Thieves Hard Lozenges may help relieve an irritated throat.
137. Thieves Hard Lozenges may help relieve irritated sinuses.
138. Thieves SoftLozenges are easy to chew and are safe for children to use.
139. Both Hard and Soft Lozenges, with the Thieves Oil Blend in them, have been university tested for its ability to elevate 99.6% of all bacteria tested. Therefore, having the ability to keep the mouth, teeth, gums, and throat refreshed and cleansed and soothed.
Thieves Cleansing Bar Soap
Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Rosemary,
Lemon, Eucalyptus radiata
Thieves CLEANSING BAR SOAP with just a few of its uses:
140. Clean and Refreshing: The Young Living Bar soaps, including the Thieves
Cleansing Soap are hand-poured and cured for almost a month. These bar soaps are unlike any other soap on
the earth. Mild and long-lasting, the soaps are made with therapeutic-grade essential oils that are
redefining natural skin therapy.
141. Thieves Cleansing Soap contains less than 1% free alkali.
The proprietary soap-making process minimizes the presence of irritating skin drying alkali salts.
142. Thieves Cleansing Soap is fragrant with the rich aroma
of naturally antiseptic Thieves essential oil blend.
Moisturizing plant oils and botanical extracts help promote healthy, smooth skin.
143. Thieves Cleansing Soap is a disinfecting soap that contains a powerful blend of highly antibacterial and antiseptic essential oils.
144. Thieves Cleansing Soap is ideal at each sink in the house to keep everyone’s hands clean and sanitized.
145. Thieves Cleansing Soap is great in the bath or shower. Use it with a natural sea sponge for great suds and for a cleansing effect for the body.
SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR THE USE OF YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS
- Always keep a bottle of V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil, Massage Oil Base or any pure vegetable oil handy
when using essential oils. Vegetable oils dilute essential oils if they cause discomfort or skin irritation.
- Keep bottles of essential oils tightly closed and store them in a cool location away from light.
- If stored properly, essential oils will maintain their potency for many years.
Keep essential oils out of reach of children. Treat them as you would any product for therapeutic use.
- Do not use essential oils rich in menthol (such as peppermint) on the throat or neck area of children
under 30 months of age.
- Direct sunlight and essential oils. Lemon, bergamot, orange, grapefruit, tangerine, White Angelica and
other citrus oils may cause a rash or darker pigmentation if applied to skin exposed to direct sunlight or
UV rays with 3 to 4 days of use.
- Keep essential oils away from eye area and do not put into ears.
- Do not handle contact lenses or rub eyes with essential oils on fingers. Oils with high phenol
content – oregano, helichrysum, cinnamon, thyme, clove. Lemongrass, bergamot,
- Thieves and ImmuPower – may damage contacts and irritate eyes.
- Pregnant women should consult their health care professional before using essential oils
containing constituents with hormone-like activity, such as clary sage, sage, Idaho tansy, juniper and fennel.
- Epileptics and those with high blood pressure should consult their health care professional before using
essential oils. Avoid using hyssop, fennel and Idaho tansy oils.
- People with allergies should test a small amount of oil on a small area of sensitive skin,
such as the inside of the arm, before applying the oil on other areas.
- The bottom of the feet is one of the safest, most effective places to use essential oils.
- Before taking GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) essential oils internally, always dilute with an
oil-soluble liquid like honey, olive oil or soy milk.
- Do not add undiluted essential oils directly to bath water. Use Bath Gel Base as a dispersing agent
for oils in the bath.
Young, N.D., Gary D. An Introduction to Young Living Essential Oils. Eleventh Edition, 2001.
Young Living Product 2005 Guide, Essential Oils Desk Reference.
Compiled by Essential Science Publishing, Second Edition, July 2001.
The information contained on this website is intended for educational purposes only.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a physician.
THESE SUGGESTED USES APPLY ONLY TO THE USE OF
THERAPEUTIC GRADE, YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS.